Re: RFS: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.2.904+svn858-1

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:23:48PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi Julien!
>
> (Not sure you're subscribed, keeping you in Cc just in case.)

I am, so no need for next times ;)

> Julien Viard de Galbert <julien@vdg.blogsite.org> (19/10/2010):
> > Recent message and blog post by Cyril Brulebois reminded me that the
> > openchrome video driver is still waiting for a sponsor.
>
> Sorry, I missed that, too many mails, too little time.

Yes I know, it was before you had high activity, probably still on
vacation, and I did not push that last time when we talked about the
amd64 bug.

> > The version in experimental basically have upstream latest svn
> > version.  I also added a debug package (this need careful
> > reviewing). As already said last time, I want to ping open bugs and
> > ask to test this version.
>
> Alright, will do as soon as I find some time.

Thanks.

> > Now if this does not fit with having XServer 1.9 in experimental,
> > maybe this package should be hosted elsewhere... Just tell me.
>
> I could push what's currently in experimental as “autobuild-unstable”
> to get it built against XServer 1.7 and tested by users; and also
> upload it to experimental so that it gets built against XServer 1.9 as
> other drivers; this way we get an almost complete set of drivers built
> against XServer 1.9 with the latter, and we can still ask users for
> feedback against XServer 1.7 with the former.

Yes, just read that on your blog ;)

> (We're going to have to wait for NEW anyway by uploading to the
> official Debian archive, due to the debug package.)
(So true, just forgot about that)

> Does that sound like a plan?

Yes, fine.

I could have published it on my own blog (as I did once) but I feel it
needs to look a bit more official when it comes to asking user to
install it.
Just tell me when it's there so I can start pinging bugs ;)

Regards

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
http://silicone.homelinux.org/           <julien@silicone.homelinux.org>