Re: RFS: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.2.904+svn858-1

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:43:32PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Julien Viard de Galbert <julien@vdg.blogsite.org> (19/10/2010):
> > I am, so no need for next times ;)
>
> ACK. But I see:

Right, just updated my mailer configuration, should not be in this mail.

> > > Alright, will do as soon as I find some time.
> > >
> > Thanks.
>
> Well, nothing to say besides it's alright. Did you consider applying
> for the DM status or for the NM process?

Yes, I considered it. But with only one package uploaded and only once,
I didn't think it was time to start such process. (I only see DM as a
first step to DD).
> > I could have published it on my own blog (as I did once) but I feel
> > it needs to look a bit more official when it comes to asking user to
> > install it.  Just tell me when it's there so I can start pinging
> > bugs ;)
>
> Available now in autobuild.ikibiki.org, in autobuild-unstable for the
> build against XServer 1.7; upload to experimental will follow shortly.
I will test that and start pinging bugs as soon as I get time to do it.

> (although that's not automated yet) the Release file is signed with my
> current GPG key in the keyring (747935DD).
>
> I think we want to look into pristine-tar to keep track of the
> upstream tarballs built from svn snapshots, so that we don't need to
> download them from the archive or from snapshot.debian.org when we
> only have a git repository available. Do you want to look into it, or
> do you want me to?
Well actually the git repos is build using git-svn so I never downloaded
a tarball. I think the explanation on how to configure git-svn on a
clone from debian's package git should go to debian/README.source
however this file currently came from xsfbs so I didn't change it.

Also I don't think openchrome.org publish any snapshot tarball. They
only publish some releases.
So except for releases I did't immediately see how pristine-tar would be
useful.
Unless the idea is to use pristine-tar for the first tarball we build
for a particular svn revision so that later debian revision of the
packages can be build directly from git... (just got it, right?)
I'll look into that. And that also needs to be documented, is
debian/README.source the right place ?

Regards

Julien VdG

--