Re: RFS: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.2.904+svn858-1

Hi Julien!

(Not sure you're subscribed, keeping you in Cc just in case.)

Julien Viard de Galbert <julien@vdg.blogsite.org> (19/10/2010):
> Recent message and blog post by Cyril Brulebois reminded me that the
> openchrome video driver is still waiting for a sponsor.

Sorry, I missed that, too many mails, too little time.

> The version in experimental basically have upstream latest svn
> version.  I also added a debug package (this need careful
> reviewing). As already said last time, I want to ping open bugs and
> ask to test this version.

Alright, will do as soon as I find some time.

> Now if this does not fit with having XServer 1.9 in experimental,
> maybe this package should be hosted elsewhere... Just tell me.

I could push what's currently in experimental as “autobuild-unstable”
to get it built against XServer 1.7 and tested by users; and also
upload it to experimental so that it gets built against XServer 1.9 as
other drivers; this way we get an almost complete set of drivers built
against XServer 1.9 with the latter, and we can still ask users for
feedback against XServer 1.7 with the former.

(We're going to have to wait for NEW anyway by uploading to the
official Debian archive, due to the debug package.)

Does that sound like a plan?

Mraw,
KiBi.