Re: Some annoying problems with ATi Radeon 7200!

Michel Dänzer wrote:
- Tux's right arm is still a bit white and so is the bottom of his feet
- Lots of these messages on the screen: radeonUploadTexImages: ran into bound texture

Hmm, I don't see that, maybe you're still low on texture memory?
grep 'for textures' /var/log/XFree86.0.log

(II) RADEON(0): Will use 2752 kb for textures at offset 0x1d50000

What can I do about it?

Use a lower virtual resolution or depth, or buy a card with more RAM. ;)

I have 32MB! That should be enough... (I'm doing all this on a Radeon 32MB SDR.)

If SWcursor helps once but then again not, I don't call that 100%
reproducible.

If there *is* a difference, that may explain it. I can try to do this of course, but logging out and restarting X is a bit of an annoying business (since I have to look at a black screen for 10 seconds each time...) I will do it of course, if you think it's worthwile.

What would you want to achieve with that? :)

Reproduce the temporary fix!

Thanks a lot! I hope the final version will be released soon, in one
of the packages.

Yes, hopefully someone picks it up, maybe you? :)

What do you mean with 'picks it up'?

Finishes it and pushes for its inclusion.

Is the original author not finishing it then?

Anyway, I hope these improved drivers will go mainstream soon, since they contain a lot less bugs than the current ones that *are* in the mainstream...

They will be in 4.3.0, at least more or less.

Great. :-)

Just keep using my packages. :)

I will, but please tell me when a new one is available, since apt-get update; apt-get upgrade now installs that 11-06 package that breaks my 3D, as I reported here. (I don't want to downgrade after every upgrade, so I disabled that deb line...)

--
Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? http://faq.msxnet.org/ )
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://manuel.msxnet.org/