Re: Some annoying problems with ATi Radeon 7200!

On Mit, 2002-11-06 at 21:17, Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:

> goemon:~> glxgears
> Radeon DRI driver:
>          Compatibility mode for DRM driver version 1.1.1
>          TCL will be disabled, expect reduced performance
>          (prefer DRM radeon.o 1.3.x or newer)
>          disabling TCL support
> glxgears: radeon_ioctl.h:168: radeonAllocCmdBuf: Assertion
> `rmesa->dri.drmMinor >= 3' failed.
> Abort

It's still using the old DRM (radeon.o kernel module), have you
installed the drm-module-trunk package you built?

Nevertheless, this is a bug, the compatibility code is rotting...

> By the way, I saw this:
>
> (II) RADEON(0): AGP Fast Write disabled by default
>
> What is AGP Fast Write? I saw in my BIOS an option to turn this on. Is
> this useful?

It's a performance optimization which may cause instability. Use Option
"AGPFastWrite" if you want to try it.

>  > I don't see anything unusual in the log. Does Option "HWcursor" make the
>  > problem go away?
>
> Do I have to put that in the driver section?
> I did so, but:
>
> (II) RADEON(0): Using hardware cursor (scanline 4808)
> (WW) RADEON(0): Option "HWcursor" is not used

D'oh, I meant Option "SWcursor" of course. The device section is the
right place.