Re: Website Designs

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:25:40 +0200, Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org> said:

> * Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@ieee.org> [2007-04-21 18:35]:
>> For example, I really dislike that when I hit the mailing list
>> archive link, instead of being shown the archives based on
>> list/year/month directly, I am asked whether I want a developer
>> mailing list or a user list.  The additional level of access is
>> irritating.

>  You forget that it was like that before, and it was quite irritating
> with respect to the sheer amount of lists and archives on the page.
> It just didn't scale and wasn't useable.

        The answer, I felt, was to to have a table of contents at the
 top of the page, which liked further down the page to the monthly
 archives.  A simple list of mailing lists,  perhaps subdivided into
 topics, rather than adding yet another page load, would be less
 irritating for me.

        However, this is a minor issue, I am not vastly irritated by the
 current solution.

        manoj
--
No house is childproofed unless the little darlings are in
straitjackets.