Re: Project for someone with time and will: website update

Quoting Lesley Binks (lesley.binks@googlemail.com):

> promotion of women within the Debian community having its
> website built by a bloke.  No disrespect intended to any man with
                     ^^^^^

I just followed that thread but I'm blocked by something: as a
non-native speaker of English language, I can't get all the subtleties
of the above word. For some reason (which may be wrong), I take it as
offensive (not to me: I can't design a website). I may be entirely
wrong but maybe the same happened to Karolina who was apparently
hurted in some way.

Would it be possible to put some light on this? I very much doubt you
intend to be insulting, probably more direct....but I'm not sure that
such intent is clear. After all, ruling out someone's proposal, even
with the best intents in the world is one of the hardest things to
do...particularly by email.

I'm probably influenced by the fact that I had useful collaboration
with Karolina in other work areas in Debian and I would be really
annoyed if she's hurt by a remark made in a d-w thread...and
discouraged in some way to collaborate deeper in the project.

It probably just needs some clarification and we're all ready to have
beers together at Debconf..:)