Re: Project for someone with time and will: website update

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 04:26:24PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote [edited]:
> On IRC it was mentioned that it might be a good idea to migrate to
> ikiwiki, using the new Debian website design, as dsa.debian.org does.
> However, since we don't want any nasty people messing with the site,
> we'd like to have alioth authentication in order to edit it.  This
> means it's not a totally trivial setup, and will require some work.

In the meantime you could get away with a simpler setup. Disable web write
access, and allow commits only via git+ssh with something like gitosis.
Someone would have to maintain the list of authorised ssh keys, but the number
of contributors would be within reason anyway.

Every great idea is worthless without someone to do the work. --Neil Williams