Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

Hi Wouter,

On 8/27/22 12:18, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

The third point is something we can and should address in the medium term:
so far, license checks for non-free components have been mostly "can Debian
redistribute this" and "can users install this".

Thus, your concern can easily be handled by requiring maintainers and/or
ftpmasters to vet licenses of packages before they are moved to
non-free-firmware.

Indeed, that was the implied suggestion, because the "if you build a collection including non-free stuff, you're on your own" from DSC#5 no longer works when it's us who are preparing the collection.

   Simon