Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 07:06:01AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2022-08-24 19:14:26)
> > Quoting Bart Martens (2022-08-24 10:12:48)
> > > =================================
> > >
> > > The Debian project is permitted to make distribution media (installer images
> > > and live images) containing packages from the non-free section of the Debian
> > > archive available for download alongside with the free media in a way that the
> > > user is informed before downloading which media are the free ones.
> > >
> > > =================================
> >
> > Seconded.  Thanks for proposing this alternative, Bart.
>
> I hereby withdraw my second for the above proposal.

That changes it from 5 to 4 seconds. It's unclear to me what I need to
do with the discussion period because of this. If I process the message
in order, I think this was accepted and A.1.4 changes the discussion
period.

If only the 2nd option is accepted, I believe the end of the discussion
period was the 2022-08-23 + 7 day, so 2022-08-30, which is still before
the original 2022-09-01, so we keep that.

With this option accepted, it would be 2022-08-26 + 7 days, which is
2022-09-02, which is the one I'm using.

We currently have 4 proposals, of which 2 make have enough seconds.

Kurt