Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

Christian Kastner wrote:
On 26.03.21 01:06, Simon Richter wrote:
  (2) how deeply Debian gets involved
We are in a prominent position. The OSI's Open Source Definition is
derived from the Debian Free Software Guidelines, after all, not the
other way 'round.

There is no way for us to not be involved in something that affects the
whole free software community.
Sure, but we have a choice as to how we get involved -- the specific
actions, or inaction. See the ongoing GR.

All I'm saying is that when people speak out about the wish to be
apolitical, the term 'apolitical' should not be taken in the widest
possible sense, which covers any action or inaction, and then dismissed
for being impossible.

Rather, in should be understood in a stricter sense, namely of favoring
inaction ("political inactivism", if you like).
If one wants to talk political - maybe it's time to survey the Debian community as to who feels how about Stallman.  Otherwise this is all a based on a few loud voices shouting at each other.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown