Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

On 25.03.21 22:32, Simon Richter wrote:
> Pretty much everything Debian does is political

> the "technical" decisions we make based on that also have political
> consequences.

That's taking meaning of the word 'political' in the widest possible
sense, and in that sense, literally any action (or inaction) carried out
by an individual within a society is political, because they all have
consequences.

I interpret the calls for Debian being apolitical (to some degree) as
calls differentiating at least between
  (1) whether specific political consequences are intended or not
  (2) how deeply Debian gets involved
  (3) effects are directly or indirectly caused
  (4) degree of effect.