Re: DAM has no competency to make changes to membership structure (was: Call for seconds: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 05:13:22PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> [2008.10.25.0310 +0200]:
> > The Debian Project, by way of a general resolution of its developers, decides:
> >
> >   The changes announced the 22nd of October on the debian-devel-announce
> >   mailing list (Message-id: <878wsgmi1j.fsf@vorlon.ganneff.de>) are
> >   suspended [§4.1(3)].  This suspension is effective immediately [§4.2(2.2)].
>
> I do not understand why we need to do this at all. According to [0],
> Joerg has been "empowered to create and remove developer accounts
> according to the New Maintainer procedure." He has not been
> empowered to introduce new membership classes or restructure
> membership in any other way.

I wonder why a _Debian Account Manager_ is limited to follow the "New
Maintainer procedure", if the NM procedure is nothing more then a
process meant to _help_ the DAM (as in reducing the work load by
splitting it across several people). That is - to my knowledge - the
whole sense of the NM-processes and is also what it states on its page
[1]:

"We are a group of Debian developers who have volunteered to assist the
Debian Account Managers in processing new applicants to be Debian
maintainers. "

Best Regards,
Patrick

[1] https://nm.debian.org/