Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Sunday 24 June 2007 16:07, Benjamin BAYART wrote:
> One should be entirely devoted
> to the sect, and thus become a DD, or entirely out of the thing, and
> thus contribute nothing.

> I use Debian for only technical reasons, basically because dpkg works
> better than rpm, and because files tend to be in the right places (logs
> in /var/log, and configs not in /usr/local/stuff/etc). I have only very
> minor interest in anything else in Debian. Does it make me an infidel,
> and so my potential contributions should be discarded as tainted?
>
> Amen,

I'm not sure why you think it's necessary to make some strawmen here.
I have never said that anyone who does not share Debian's views is an infidel,
nor that anyone's contributions should be discarded or are tainted.

I did also never claim that you can either be a DD or contribute *nothing*. As
a matter of fact, I'm sponsoring other people on a regular basis.

This helps only to have me lose interest in this discussion very quickly.

Thijs