Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Friday 22 June 2007 12:03, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> I was close to resigning because I thought the Debian community was
> taking active steps to a wrong direction. I wouldn't have wanted to be
> a part of such a community, even though I would have liked to continue
> contributing to the technical project.

Then we maybe just disagree here: I think that someone who opposes to
Debian-the-community so much that they would want to explicitly disassociate
themselves from the entire project, is not someone I would want to grant
upload rights.

For me, "I do want to be part of Debian anymore" does not coincide with "I
want to upload to Debian". Someone who uploads to Debian *is* part of the
community.

I see no reason to vote for a proposal that facilitates people who explicitly
denounce Debian to be granted rights to the same Debian.

Thijs