Re: OT: Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 02:30:07AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> No, I think you see it but you disagree whether the directory
> of women or the current list charter is discriminating on the
> basis of sex, and the severity or remedies of past incidents.

There's pages in the mail archives where only people with certain names
can appear.  For that matter, newer developers can't show up on the
historical pages.  Discrimination, I tell you!

But what's really scary is that there's five of them!  They're taking
over, I tell you.  There's only a few hundreds of males, so us males
have to watch out, or they'll DO STUFF.  Like, um, put up a web page
that won't have us on it.  I quake in fear at the thought.

Discrimination by exclusion from a web page is truly a horrid practice.
We must do everything we can to stomp out this nasty practice.  I demand
that all debian pages be replaced by unauthenticated wiki (and, of
course, I'm not volunteering to do anything to make that happen --
any right minded person would see how correct this course of action is).

[For those without a sense of humor or without a good grasp of english:
I disagree with what I advocate above.  However I think that these
ideas, while perhaps overdone, are consistent with the idea of "web page
discrimination" being presented in this thread.]

--
Raul