Re: OT: Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
> > No.  Some restrictions on topic are reasonable, some are not.
> [...]
> > Maybe you should ask for debian-misogynists or something.
>
> I am not a misogynist. I believe sexism cannot cure sexism and I
> consider the current setup of debian-women sexist beyond that which
> is reasonable for debian to support. You are free to disagree, but
> your attempts to misrepresent my beliefs will be refuted.

You haven't said anything sexist about it, except that it has a clear
purpose.  You sound like a good-old misogynistic curmudgeon.  You have
certainly never given any indication that you are actually trying to
improve the position of women in Debian; all you have done is snipe at
those who have identified the problem and are trying to address it.

Jonathan Walter's platform is a symptom of the problem: rather than
ask women what might address the problems that women confront, he has
announced who he would appoint, even assuming that Gloria Steinem
cares beans about Debian, without actually talking to the people
concerned.  This is not the inclusion of women; it is the presumption
to attempt to speak for them.  It shows to me that he has no intention
of taking women seriously, because even in platform which announced
that pretended intention, he demostrated that he is not willing to
treat them as equals and consult with them.

Thomas