Re: OT: Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Op ma, 07-03-2005 te 02:09 +0000, schreef MJ Ray:
> Arguing in favour of so-called "positive discrimination" is just
> another case of ignoring present crimes by past-persecuted people.

I cannot agree more with that statement; "positive discrimination" is
just discrimination like anything else, and should /never/ be endorsed.
But I don't think it's fair to call what debian-women is doing
"discrimination".

They're trying to find out why women aren't as actively involved in
Debian as are men, so that they can remedy any problems, should those
arise. In doing so, it isn't unreasonable to see what women currently
involved in Debian already do (and that page does seem to be modeled to
do that), and possibly compare that to see what is being done in Debian
generally.

Really, I don't see what your problem is.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks