Re: OT: Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
> You haven't said anything sexist about it, except that it has a clear
> purpose.

I have, IMO. I consider discrimination on the basis of sex to be sexism.
I've also described an incident of unchallenged racism on the
debian-women list. While I believe the particular incident to have
been dealt with, I don't think the setup has been changed to avoid
future problems yet.

> You sound like a good-old misogynistic curmudgeon.

You sound like a habitual contradictor. Aren't we good together?

> You have
> certainly never given any indication that you are actually trying to
> improve the position of women in Debian; all you have done is snipe at
> those who have identified the problem and are trying to address it.
[...]

I have obvious problems doing that independently and I'm unwilling
to join an group which discriminates against my heritage. I have
suggested some improvements before, but I feel some are willing to
paint any critics as like dangerous counter-revolutionaries,
no matter what their view.  Ulimately, I rank other barriers
ahead of debian-women in urgency given my capabilties.

I don't disagree much with your description of Jonathan Walther's
actions, except that I see the task group report as a way of
asking about the problems. He should have tried harder to ask
the appointees, of course.

--
MJR/slef