Re: Question for candidate Towns

Frank Küster wrote:
With that hat on, this statement is perfectly acceptable, just as all
the mails you sent about NEW processing.  The problem, to me, is that
you fail to see the issue from a different side, and you definitely
*should* as a DPL candidate.
As a DPL candidate, you should not only care about how delegates do
their work.  You should also care about how this work is communicated to
the other developers, and how the other developers perceive this work.

If you don't think I'll behave as well as another candidate, please rank me below that person. That's fine, that's the way this is meant to work.

If you're asking me what I think about how delegates to their work; well, I thought I'd already covered this, but to reiterate: I think by and large all our delegates are doing a good job, and the most effective assistance they could get is support from the project for their work, and the best way to to improve communication of what's going on is to ensure such communication is welcomed wholeheartedly, not by a "That's great, but" response including a treatise on how else they're unsatisfactory.

Obviously, the ftpmasters' work is perceived as problematic by DD's
(problematic for them, and for the project).

If you're not perceiving things in a way that matches reality, the problem's your own, not anyone else's.

Hrm, you know, that's enough about NEW and ftpmaster from me. If my views are really that unclear, or otherwise require further exploration, how about an original example?

Cheers,
aj