Re: tb's questions for the candidates

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:43:21 +0100, Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> said:

> Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>> _If_ I do, however, simply not showing up in an emergency or two
>>> (as opposed to resigning properly) will have a _very_ different
>>> result WRT both to my standing in the community and my ability to
>>> restart when the condition that caused my resignation no longer
>>> applies.
>>
>> I see. I volunteer for a bake sale, and my wife breaks her leg and
>> I do not show up, the church excommunicates me?

> A broken leg is an emergency. A bake sale isn't. I was referring to
> an emergency call _from the fire service_, not from external
> circumstances.

	Great, you can indeed distinguish between them.

> (I'll leave the question whether I really was _that_ inscrutable, or
> if Manoj deliberately and/or accidentally misunderstood, up to the
> readers' consideration.)

	And I bring to your consideration which one of these analogies
 is closer to the situation of maintianing a debian package, which any
 developer can NMU as needed: Is it a life and death situation, like
 the fireman, or is it closer to signing up for a bake sale, and
 allowing real life to take precedence?

	manoj
--
Those sages who do harm to no-one, and who are always physically
restrained, go to the everlasting abode, reaching which they will face