Re: tb's questions for the candidates

Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:32:45 +0000, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> said:
>> They should be treated like people who don't follow their duties,
>
> 	We have duties now? Can you point to me where it says that? I
>  looked all over the constitution, and failed.

The Constitution doesn't say that you _have_ to take on the maintenance of
packages X, Y and Z, but _if_ you do, you take on the duty of doing so
properly, in the manner specified by Policy et al.

Compare with real-world duties. For example, nothing in our community's
bylaws states that I _have_ to become a volunteer rescue worker.

_If_ I do, however, simply not showing up in an emergency or two (as
opposed to resigning properly) will have a _very_ different result WRT
both to my standing in the community and my ability to restart when the
condition that caused my resignation no longer applies.

--
Matthias Urlichs