Re: tb's questions for the candidates

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:09:40 +0100, Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> said:

> Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:32:45 +0000, Martin Michlmayr
>> <tbm@cyrius.com> said:
>>> They should be treated like people who don't follow their duties,
>>
>> We have duties now? Can you point to me where it says that? I
>> looked all over the constitution, and failed.

> The Constitution doesn't say that you _have_ to take on the
> maintenance of packages X, Y and Z, but _if_ you do, you take on the
> duty of doing so properly, in the manner specified by Policy et al.

	Really? That is news to me, and I am supposed to know the
 constitution. Could you please either quote chapter and verse -- or
 admit that you made it all up to win the argument?

> Compare with real-world duties. For example, nothing in our
> community's bylaws states that I _have_ to become a volunteer rescue
> worker.

> _If_ I do, however, simply not showing up in an emergency or two (as
> opposed to resigning properly) will have a _very_ different result
> WRT both to my standing in the community and my ability to restart
> when the condition that caused my resignation no longer applies.

	I see. I volunteer for a bake sale, and my wife breaks her leg
 and I do not show up, the church excommunicates me?

	manoj

--
Glogg (a traditional Scandinavian holiday drink): fifth of dry red
wine fifth of Aquavit 1 and 1/2 inch piece of cinnamon 10 cardamom