Re: tb's questions for the candidates

* Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2004-03-04 21:21]:
> People who have simply become inactive should be treated as much
> like those who have resigned as possible.  We should thank them for
> their efforts, put them on the emeritus keyring, and find new
> maintainers for their packages.

I disagree with this.  I think that maintainers who neglect their
duties and don't follow documented procedures (orphan their packages,
inform the keyring maintainer that they are leaving the project [1])
should not be treated the same as maintainers who leave the project
properly.

[1] See section "3.7 Retiring" of the Debian Developers' Reference,
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-developer-duties.en.html#s3.7
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com