Re: tb's questions for the candidates

Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>> _If_ I do, however, simply not showing up in an emergency or two (as
>> opposed to resigning properly) will have a _very_ different result
>> WRT both to my standing in the community and my ability to restart
>> when the condition that caused my resignation no longer applies.
>
> 	I see. I volunteer for a bake sale, and my wife breaks her leg
>  and I do not show up, the church excommunicates me?

A broken leg is an emergency. A bake sale isn't. I was referring to an
emergency call _from the fire service_, not from external circumstances.

(I'll leave the question whether I really was _that_ inscrutable, or
if Manoj deliberately and/or accidentally misunderstood, up to the
readers' consideration.)

--
Matthias Urlichs