Re: tb's questions for the candidates

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [2004-03-05 15:25]:
> > I disagree with this.  I think that maintainers who neglect their
> > duties and don't follow documented procedures (orphan their
> > packages, inform the keyring maintainer that they are leaving the
> > project [1]) should not be treated the same as maintainers who
> > leave the project properly.
>
> Then how should they be treated, exactly?

They should be treated like people who don't follow their duties,
which is what they did.  In practice, this means that someone who left
Debian properly by resigning can easily come back by mailing the
keyring maintainer.  Those who did not retire properly, on the other
hand, will have to go through New Maintainer in order to ensure they
understand their duties and procedures in Debian.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com