Re: non-free and users?

Remi Vanicat wrote:
I'm not a native English speaker, so I look to a dictionary, and I
must disagree there : I don't see why we are *compel* to non-ethical
action in the future. Which non-ethical actions ?

[...]

I presented a good example how Debian compels himself to non-etchical action by distributing non-free in my post to this thread from 17.01.2004.

Producing and distributing non-free is ethical. If I produce a package with closed source and distribute it, it is ethical, since it help people to solve their tasks. It compels me to non-ethical action when someone, for example, will request sources from me. One can think, that by limiting myself to produce and distribute free programs only I decrease the amount of good which I *can* do. I do not agree with this. If my aim is to act ethically (helping other people is ethical action), producing or distributing non-free will be not that effective, in comparision if I produce free. It is not a right way to realize my aim.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov