Re: non-free and users?

Remi Vanicat wrote:
I understand what you are talking about. There are Debain developers
who want Debian to act always ethical, and there are Debian developers
who think it is O.K. to act non-ethical for Debian, for example
because of the work they contribute to non-free.

I feel somewhat insulted there. So me making a non-free package is
non-ethical ? so, when I help other to have the ocaml documentation
well integrated to there debian documentation system (dwww for
example), I'm acting non-ethical ?
I DO NOT AGREE THAT THIS IS THE CASE.

You misunderstood.
Creating, using, distributing non-free does not make you immideately
non-ethical. It does not make you non-ethical later. It just compel you
to act non-ethical later, not always and not necesserelly.

One who make an ethical action and non-ethical later reduce the amount of good he does (by the amount of bad). By stopping to distribute non-free we will not increase amount of good. We will decrease the amount of bad.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov