Re: non-free and users?

Raul Miller wrote:

I demostrate how one can start to distribute a program, continue to distribute a program and stop to distribute a program. All three actions do not contradict any ethical rule. If you still think that erasing something from my hard drive (free or non-free) is not ethical, please explain me how.

I just don't see what this has to do with having debian remove non-free.

Sure, you can remove something from your hard drive.  That's not
equivalent to removing packages in unstable which are there because of
someone else's work.

I understand what you are talking about. There are Debain developers who want Debian to act always ethical, and there are Debian developers who think it is O.K. to act non-ethical for Debian, for example because of the work they contribute to non-free.

First group will be disappointed if non-free distribution will be continued by Debian. Second group will be disappointed if non-free distribution will not be discontinued.

As you see there is no way to satisfy everyone. That's way Debian has voting system to satisfy majority.
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov