Re: non-free and users?

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:17:49PM +0100, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> To be more precise: of course, narcotic or hammer can not be evil or
> good without associtated human action. When I'm saying non-free software
> is mostly evil, the associated action is "distributing by Debian". So
> the complete phrase is "distributing by Debian non-free software is
> mostly evil".

I wish I knew why you think it's evil for Debian to distribute non-free.

You've stated that it's an ethical issue for you.  You've drawn an analogy
with illegal drugs.  You've stated that it's not good for Debian's
developers or users [regardless of any good that the software does,
and regardless of any freeness in that software].

But your arguments seem to be circular -- without basis.

Let's assume that your difficulty in presenting your views is in
translation.  Can you enlist the assistance of someone else, to help
you translate?

Thanks,

--
Raul