Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:34:56AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:43:41PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:29:00 -0600, Graham Wilson <graham@debian.org> said:
> > > 2. Expand our committment to freedom beyond software. (4)
> >
> > 	Huh? We don't ship any hardware or wetware; and the author of
> >  the sc has stated the sc was meant to cover everything on the
> >  CD's. There is no expansion going on.
>
> I think a shift from "software" to "works" is an expansion.  In any
> case, we sometimes distribute CDs and brochures at conventions, and
> those are clearly not software.

As a matter of practice, don't we generally distribute such CDs and
brochures freely-licensed?

At least at the trade shows I've been to, booth personnel seem to make
it a point to do so.

If not, shouldn't we?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if