Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:43:52AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> E) I say I'm willing to seriously consider breaking up my proposal if
>    the Project Secretary can help me identify how many axes of
>    orthogonality he perceives in my original RFD.

FWIW, in my opinion there are five distinct changes that your proposal
attempts to make to the social contract [1]:

1. Remove the language saying the DFSG is "below", which makes the
   social contract and the DFSG separate. (3)

2. Expand our committment to freedom beyond software. (4)

3. Changes to SC #3 that state that project discussions will be held in
   public forums, and a comittment to "transparency and accountability
   in our decision-making process". (9)

4. The removal of SC #5, and therewith the withdrawl of our committment
   to provide a non-free section. (13)

5. All editorial changes.

Changes #1 and #4 are substantive changes. It could be argued that #3 is
really just an attempt to clarify, not to substantively change anything.

Again, this is just my view of your proposal.

[1] Rationale numbers that correspond to Braden's original RFD are
    included in parentheses.

--
gram