Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Nov 1, 2003, at 23:09, Branden Robinson wrote:

Personally, I have no intention of accepting wholly irrelevant
amendments to my proposed GR.

I have now come to agree with you: If we wind up with nonsense like the current BR amendment + keep ix86, then our system is broken.

My current thinking is that this problem can be resolved by requiring orthogonal choices to be on separate ballots. This is, btw, a stronger criteria than germaneness.