Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proot SSD voting methodsGR

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 10:58:59PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> To be honest I wonder if this GR is only going to pass because of
> indifference. I wonder how many developers have actually read through
> the GR and understand it. I'm amazed at how little explanation there has
> been aimed at the non-voting geeks.

The idea is that non-voting geeks don't need to care about this
vote, anyway. All of the changes we're making are procedural, not
structural. Both the quorum changes and the supermajority changes should
have the same result as the current two-vote system (a vote with multiple
options that ignores supermajority/quorum, followed by a vote about the
winning option with just Yes/No/FD that takes supermajority & quorum
into account) in all reasonable circumstances.

> I wonder how it would stand up to the scrutiny of a lot more eyes.

I'd question the value of the scrutinisation of eyes that aren't
interested in the details. (The people who are interested in the details
are, by definition, voting geeks)

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?