Re: Creating my first LAN

On Tue 30 Mar 2021 at 19:29:49 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Tue 30 Mar 2021 at 11:19:48 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > What well meaning members of this list have not picked up on is that I am
> > very literal minded and careful in phrasing my questions. I've said
> > somewhere in this thread that my "universe of discourse" is explicitly
> > limited to Laptop-1 and Laptop2. I've not been a sophomore B.S.E.E. student
> > for over a half-century ;} But I can see a Sophomore lab being set up with
> > my specified constraints. Since this thread started I have been reading
> > about "ad-hoc networks". That's my goal. Real world has temporarily
> > interrupted my pursuit.
>
> You have to bear in mind that other users read these posts and maybe
> have similar objectives in mind. Posts veering away from the caefully
> phrased question could spark their interest and lead them towards a
> solution to an issue

Ten minutes after writing that I recollected I possess a non-working
router. It is the first I bought (> 100 GBP) and has not yet beem
re-cycled.

My network also hasn't any spare LAN ports to connect to and some of
the devices have beem wireless-enabled to communicate with them.

Now - could I use this non-internet-capable router as a switch?

See what I was getting at? An idea that is unrelated to your first
post. Carefully phrased or not, a thread cannot be actively channelled
to meet the demands of its originator.

--
A well-meaning -debian member.