Re: Creating my first LAN

On Tue 30 Mar 2021 at 11:19:48 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

[...]

> What well meaning members of this list have not picked up on is that I am
> very literal minded and careful in phrasing my questions. I've said
> somewhere in this thread that my "universe of discourse" is explicitly
> limited to Laptop-1 and Laptop2. I've not been a sophomore B.S.E.E. student
> for over a half-century ;} But I can see a Sophomore lab being set up with
> my specified constraints. Since this thread started I have been reading
> about "ad-hoc networks". That's my goal. Real world has temporarily
> interrupted my pursuit.

You have to bear in mind that other users read these posts and maybe
have similar objectives in mind. Posts veering away from the caefully
phrased question could spark their interest and lead them towards a
solution to an issue.

Personally, I see the idea of an ad-hoc network as interesting, but
haven't the incentive to set one up. Not yet anyway!

> More will eventually follow.

Hopefully it will basically be a HOWTO and not a flurry of questions
on how to do it :).

--
A well-meaning -user contributor.