Creating my first LAN

This is essentially a reading list request.
I have never administered a LAN and believe in "learning by doing".
I have two laptops with clean installs of Buster. During installation server software was installed on *ONE* of them. Communication will be via WiFi. The MATE panel's network connection icon for each laptop shows the existence of WiFi sources in the neighborhood.

Any specific suggestions for reading?
What internet search terms will lead to productive results?
TIA