Re: Replying

On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 09:49:41 -0500
Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

Hello Stefan,

>The problem is that you intend your "Reply-To:" to mean one thing, but
>other people use "Reply-To:" to mean something else (many use it

I'm struggling to think of any use other than 'use the address in the
Reply-To header to ensure you send your message to the correct place'.  I
will concede that ppl may interpret that as 'in addition to' (although,
IMO, that is incorrect) 'some@other.address' but nobody should ignore
the Reply-To and send *only* to the From address.

In snail mail, I regularly get letters from companies with an address to
reply to that is *not* the sending address.  If I ignore the correct
address and send my reply to the originating address, my mail will, at
best, be delayed, at worst, binned.  Same principles apply to email.  Or
at least, /should/.

>without knowing what they want it to mean, really :-( ), so

That, I can believe.

--
 Regards  _
This is the fifty first state of the USA