Re: Replying

On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 15:42:49 +0200
Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:

Hello Teemu,

>It's not broken; it's perfectly valid and allowed.

My mistake;  I didn't mean broken in the non-RFC compliant sense, but
broken in the sense of "Not what I want to take place".  I set a
Reply-To because that's where I want the reply to go.  If I want to take
things elsewhere, it's up to me to change headers used, etc. so the reply
goes to the correct place.

To *deliberately* not comply with somebody's request(1) is a failure(2).
One that will, in my little corner of the universe, land the perpetrator
in a kill-file.  Failing to comply without adequate (in my view)
justification will land them in that kill-file a good deal sooner.

(1) So long as those wishes affect only the person(s) directly involved.
For example, should a request require ppl to top-post their replies to
posts on a list where interpolated posting is the norm and rightly, the
respondent should decline and, possibly, do their own kill-filing.

(2) Mistakes do happen, so I usually give people a couple of chances.

--
 Regards  _
It's becoming an obsession