Re: Sudden death of bluetooth headphone connectivity

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 08:18:02PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> But when I try $ pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
> Failure: Module initialization failed
>
> is it loaded or fails loading?
>
> pulseaudio -k
> pulseaudio --start
> pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
> 20
> pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
> Failure: Module initialization failed

Ahhhh, you're kidding!!!??

pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

returned, in my case, "26".

Then, connecting as normal worked!

So somehow the module, which was previously loading automatically, isn't
any more. I just have to figure out how to make that automatic and I'm
off to the races again.

I also noticed that once again I have 2 copies of pulse running, one as
user "Debian-<something>" (the full name is elided in ps -ef) and one as
my normal user. That is presumably an artifact of the upgrade from
Jessie to Stretch -- I had previously removed the system one to fix an
earlier problem but it seems I can connect and use the headphones
without doing so now, if I manually load the module.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help with this one.

Mark