Re: Sudden death of bluetooth headphone connectivity

Mark Fletcher wrote:

> [Full disclosure -- I previously had a different problem on upgrading to
> Stretch from Jessie -- see this link for that problem and a link to its
> solution --> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/06/msg01196.html
> I have never been particularly happy with the solution I linked to in
> that thread, precisely because I was worried it would be damaged by
> updates, but it seems to be intact at this point, so I don't think that
> is what the problem is here]
>
> Thanks in advance if anyone can help me diagnose the sudden loss of the
> a2dp-sink protocol. The headphones work fine with my iPhone, so the
> problem seems to be with the computer, with which they were working fine
> until a bit over a week ago.

I vaguely recall there was a package that needs to be installed for the
audio to work, but it does not show into dependencies, so it is not pulled
with bluez or pulse audio (this is based on jessie storie), while it is
providing the link between them. Perhaps you did autoremove not used
packages and lost it.

Unfortunately I upgraded as well and never had the time to see if audio via
bluetooth works in stretch