Re: Replace systemd

	Hi.

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 15:49:41 +0200
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

> > True. But does libsystemd0 count? It's a library, not an executable.
> >
> There are also packages which add a dependency on systemd whereas the
> same software works perfectly on FreeBSD, thus without anything
> ressembling it (eg hplip).
> This leads to upgrade from a jessie without systemd will install it.

I did obligatory 'apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade' at least 5
times so far (jessie→stretch). Different architectures, different
purposes. There was no systemd on those before the upgrade, and there
is no systemd after it.

But, I don't use GNOME and do not force it on users. Using GNOME may be
considered a cruel and unusual punishment in some countries, I don't
need that.

And I prefer to keep hplip on a printserver, 'cause I see no reason to
install the thing on a desktops multiple times. Same thing with cups.

If apt insists on installing unwanted packages into your system - I can
only suggest you to consider learning the way apt works.

Besides, there's no point in complaining about it here.
To actually change something they suggest users to invoke an excellent
reportbug utility and transfer their wishes directly to bugs.debian.org.

Reco