Re: Replace systemd

	Hi.

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 15:27:04 +0200
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

> Le 07/06/17 à 13:48, Reco a écrit :
> > 	Hi.

> >> init is a small part of systemd. And judging y the bug reported and how
> >> they are treated, I do not trust any part of it.
> >> Neither resolved, logind, etc...
> >
> > So you do not trust udev as well?
> >

> >> Too many critical bugs found in them and treated by the upstream
> >> developpers with only contempt for the people reporting them
> >> (see https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6237#issuecomment-312458445)
> >
> > By that logic (in)famous libc bug 4980 shoud've stopped by from using
> > any sane Linux distribution 10 years ago. Did it?
> >
> Most important is not the presence of bugs. It is the way people in
> charge deal with them.

My point exactly. #4980 is the reason they call Ulrich Drepper 'Stop
Reopening'. But also, #4980 was fixed.
Just the same as #6237 will be fixed in a sane way. At least that's the
fine folks on oss-security are promising right now.

> >> This behaviour on a critical component is mere madness.
> >
> > OpenBSD folks beg to differ.
> >
> > https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=149902196520920&w=2
>
> They were mocking systemd, not adopting the behaviour...

Rly? But why? That's legitimate patch aimed on improving compatibility
and interoperability. I certainly expect this patch to land in sudo
upstream.

Reco