Re: quasi-SOLVED: Re: no network after jessie -> stretch

On Fri 23 Jun 2017 at 08:25:00 (-0600), D. R. Evans wrote:
> Fungi4All wrote on 06/22/2017 09:48 PM:
> >> From: doc.evans@gmail.com
> >> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >>
> >> D. R. Evans wrote on 06/21/2017 09:53 AM:
> >> It adds about 30 useless seconds to the boot time while the system waits for it
> >> to time out, so it sure would be nice to know how to get rid of the delay somehow.
> >
> > 30 useless seconds! What has humanity been reduced to? How many times a day
> > do you reboot?
>
> The machine in question is usually used for realtime control of external
> hardware. If a reboot is necessary, then those 30 seconds are indeed 30 lost
> seconds of ongoing operation. It does matter.

I agree entirely. I also think it's ridiculous and embarrassing
that I often have to wait 90 more seconds to close down;
wheezy could manage this in 5 or, occasionally, up to 10 seconds.

> Anyway, my question is technical, not philosophical, which seems appropriate
> for a technical reflector.
>
> Can anyone provide suggestions as to how to remove this delay?

Did you miss https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/06/msg00858.html
which gave one possibility? It also asked for two things, neither of
which were forthcoming. I can't find any explicit statement as to
how you start your network, so any responses have been based on
guesswork.

Cheers,
David.