Re: no network after jessie -> stretch

Am 21.06.2017 um 17:53 schrieb D. R. Evans:
> I just completed an upgrade to stretch on an i386 machine.
>
> There were no obvious showstopping errors during the install. I saw a few
> "unable to delete directory; directory not empty" errors fly by, but nothing
> that seemed dangerous, and the installation didn't complain about anything.
>
> But when I tried the reboot following the upgrade, I lost all network
> connectivity. The boot screen said:
>   Failed to Start Network Manager Wait Online

Please share more details about your network configuration.
Do you use ifupdown to manage your interface, NetworkManager, something
else?

The error message above indicates, that you have network-manager
installed and since stretch NetworkManager-wait-online.service is
enabled by default (it wasn't in jessie).

Now, if you don't actually manage your interfaces with NetworkManager,
NetworkManager-wait-online.service might run into a timeout (of 30s).

The output nmcli might be helpful.

universe are pointed away from Earth?