Re: quasi-SOLVED: Re: no network after jessie -> stretch

Fungi4All wrote on 06/22/2017 09:48 PM:
>> From: doc.evans@gmail.com
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>
>> D. R. Evans wrote on 06/21/2017 09:53 AM:
>> It adds about 30 useless seconds to the boot time while the system waits for it
>> to time out, so it sure would be nice to know how to get rid of the delay somehow.
>
> 30 useless seconds! What has humanity been reduced to? How many times a day
> do you reboot?

The machine in question is usually used for realtime control of external
hardware. If a reboot is necessary, then those 30 seconds are indeed 30 lost
seconds of ongoing operation. It does matter.

Anyway, my question is technical, not philosophical, which seems appropriate
for a technical reflector.

Can anyone provide suggestions as to how to remove this delay?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans