Re: XFCE Panel to the bottom

On 06/23/2017 09:59 AM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
On 6/23/17, Mike Stroud <stroudmw@gmail.com> wrote:
I have just installed Debian 8 32 bit XFCE. I've removed the bottom "dock"
panel because I don't need it. I've added the Whisker menu onto the top
panel menu. Now I'd like to move the top panel from it's default position
on the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen, but I can't figure
out how.

I've "unlocked" the panel in Panel Preferences. When I right-click and
select "move", I get a "fist" icon and a small blue horizontal bar. Google
search tells me that I should see 2 dots at the end of the panel that I
must "grab", but I don't. When I move the blue bar to the bottom, it moves
back to the top.

So, how do I move the panel to the bottom?

You are singlehandedly responsible for my own first "kernel panic" of
the day. I tried playing along to see if I could help find a fix.
Instead I initially... 100% totally lost a visual on that CRUCIAL
toolbar panel. *smacking (my) head!*

After that first panic, I recouped and hit "ALT+F1" which brings up
access to Settings > Panel. By running down the list of 2 panels, my
top one reappeared. It's now located about a third of the way down the
screen.

And there it very stubbornly sits while refusing to budge.

Trial and error has shown me that the "blue bar" is *possibly* a
"Separator" (spacer) reference, i.e. NOT the whole panel being moved.
Right clicking and hitting "Properties" was my clue there. It keeps
snapping back because it (obviously) wants to stay on the panel to
which it is assigned.

So if you... ok, if WE... can find some toolbar real estate that is
NOT that spacer placeholder [thingie], WE might be able to grab and
move that entire panel toolbar where WE both wish to see it in each,
our own, unique window setups......

Just thinking out loud again.... *from ye ol' Pickens, grin* :)

Cindy :)

It's really simple:

1.  Unlock the panel

2.  grab the panel at either edge and move it.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.		Life is a fuzzy set
www.molecular-modeling.net		Stochastic and multivariate