Re: Oh no something has gone wrong! after reinstalling Debian and Gnome.

Hello,
I have upgrade to Stretch, and my system is loading the graphical
interface (Gnome). However, I believe my graphics are sluggish, video
playback at some points starts freezing and sometimes just becomes
unwatchable (it starts using up a lot of CPU power). In the
recommendations here
(https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Intel/NUC5PPYH) it says to
install non-free firmware, the Debian installer asked for
firmware-realtek, I provided it and I believe that I installed. But what
non-free firmware could possible correct my graphics problems? what am I
missing. I am happy my system is working, but graphics work better in
Windows, and that is morally inacceptable to me.
thanks a lot,