Re: Oh no something has gone wrong! after reinstalling Debian and Gnome.

On 05/20/2017 05:56 PM, Anil Duggirala wrote:
I had installed Windows 10 and Debian 8.8 (with LXDE) in dual boot
(UEFI) and everything was working. I wanted to reinstall Debian, so I
installed Debian again by deleting the debian partitions (I think
correctly) using the Debian installer partitioner and choosing the
Guided use largest continuous space option, this time I installed with
the Gnome desktop environment. I am getting a Oh No, Something has gone
wrong message, the system cannot recover' message after booting into
Debian. Should I have deleted the prior Debian entry in the EFI
partition? does this have anything to do with this error? Is there any
other solution to this problem?
thanks a lot,

No, you should NOT have deleted the partition, now your partition table is messed up. All you had to do was format or better yet just delete the files and reinstall, by deleting the files you can save /home. But now you need to look at that drive with a partition editor like gparted, maybe use a live-cd with gparted installed OR the wheezy live disc will let you install gparted.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - Plasma 5.8.6 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263