Re: Oh no something has gone wrong! after reinstalling Debian and Gnome.

Thanks a lot Felix and Micheal.
I will follow your advice, and for the first time ever, use Debian
Testing. I guess when Stretch is released I will be able to install
that, correct? So I will be able to go back to using a stable release
right? I'm really afraid of testing, the whole reason I like Debian is
for its stability, but using stable would require me to install various
packages from backports maybe?? I did try installing that newer kernel,
that didn't work.
thanks a lot,